Wednesday, October 13, 2010

On The Radio

Michigan Radio's Jack Lessenberry recalled Tuesday night a conversation he had over lunch with state Attorney General Mike Cox in early August. Cox had just suffered defeat in the Republican gubernatorial primary, falling to Ann Arbor businessman Rick Snyder. And he wasn't happy about it. "He was complaining bitterly," Lessenberry said. "He said, 'I've got all these good things that I could have done for the state, and I understand Detroit, and I understand all this other stuff,' which was not reflected in his campaign. And I said, 'Well, why in that case did you not communicate that? Why did you run a solely negative campaign attacking your opponents?'" Lessenberry said Cox responded: "Because positive advertising never works." Read the story here.

No comments:

Post a Comment