Thursday, June 16, 2016

Amber Lantern

I first saw Timothy Monger's band Great Lakes Myth Society play at the Hell's Half Mile Film and Music Fest in Bay City in 2008 and I remember being really impressed. My friend and I had one of those moments between songs where we turned to each other and said, "Man, who are these guys?" By chance, I caught them again at Mittenfest in Ypsilanti in January 2010, then very much on purpose at Mittenfest in January 2012. My first time seeing Tim play solo might have been at Hell's Half Mile in 2013. I bought two of his records on vinyl that day and they're still two of my favorites. I've seen him play a handful of times since and it's always a treat. Tonight at the Ann Arbor Summer Festival acoustic stage was no exception. He even busted out a pocket piano for one song. Thanks for sharing your songs with the world, Tim.

No comments:

Post a Comment