Thursday, July 28, 2016

More Accidentals

The Accidentals, a super-talented, up-and-coming band featuring Katie Larson and Savannah Buist (and Michael Dause on percussion), is one of my absolute favorite bands ever, and not just because they're from Michigan. Though, I do love that song "Michigan and Again." I first saw them on stage at the Blind Ping in January 2015 when they did a cover of A Tribe Called Quest's "Can I Kick It." I remember telling Sav afterward how impressed I was, and that's when I learned they were from Traverse City. When they came to The Ark in June 2015, I had the pleasure of seeing them play a full live show, which was amazing. When they get going, no one rocks an electric cello and violin harder than these two. They returned to Ann Arbor today to perform at Sonic Lunch in Liberty Plaza, and once again I am impressed. You can see clips here and here. Looking forward to watching their musical career unfold. Still in their early 20s, they're just getting started.

No comments:

Post a Comment