Sunday, July 24, 2011

Rain Man

So, I was walking along the University of Michigan Diag on Saturday afternoon when I came across two guys playing percussion instruments. Another guy in one of the wildest shirts I've ever seen in my life comes over while they're taking a break and asks them to play a song. He pulls out his wallet and gives them a twenty and they start playing. The guy then proceeds to do what I can only describe as some sort of African rain dance, stopping every now and then to apologize for the fact that he had just eaten half a gallon of Ben and Jerry's ice cream. Shortly into his dance, a group of Asian women join in and try to follow his lead but resort to a style that more resembles stretching/exercising. This goes on for at least five minutes until the song is over, and then the guy proceeds to have a conversation with the women in their language (Chinese, I believe). Anyhow, it was delightfully random.






1 comment:

  1. I kinda want to be this guy. He looks genuinely happy. And he's making other people happy, which is admirable.

    ReplyDelete