Monday, June 25, 2012

Judging Jim

Jim Fink was put in the hot seat Saturday afternoon at the Washtenaw County Democratic Party's judicial candidate forum in Pittsfield Township. Fink, one four attorneys competing for an open Circuit Court judge seat, was asked to explain his Republican leanings, while the three other candidates made it known they're Democrats. Before the forum started, someone anonymously distributed dozens of copies of a homemade attack flier carrying the headline "What Washtenaw Democrats should know about Jim Fink," calling him anti-gay and anti-choice. Read the story. "If you look at my website, you will find that I am supported across the board, which is what a judge should be," Fink said. "I've been practicing law for 18 years and I've spent those 18 years pursuing justice for my clients in the court," Carol Kuhnke said. "I've been in private practice now for the past five years," Erane Washington said. "In a room full of Democrats, you can trust that I share your values," Doug McClure said.

No comments:

Post a Comment